Get involved by signing-up to be a general volunteer or applying for a leadership position! For those who missed the meeting, a video blog recap is available in the playlist below. If you have questions, send us an e-mail or comment on the Facebook page.
The initial application period for leadership positions has ended but applications will continue to be accepted and reviewed on a rolling basis.
Applying for a leadership position will automatically sign you up as a general volunteer. There is no minimum commitment to be added to the general volunteer list.
- General volunteers – provide your e-mail address and phone number… no minimum requirements or time committment!
- Training Coordinator – plans and runs Liaison training sessions once per semester; will be trained to be an “expert” on meal-packaging event organizing [Currently Filled]
- Equipment Coordinator – manages equipment, keeps detailed inventory and manages records of equipment check-out and return [Currently Filled]
- Partner Liaisons – will be trained to be “experts” on meal-packaging event organizing; communicates with Partner organizations that are hosting meal-packaging events; attends the events and provides instruction at the event
- Awareness Coordinator – manage the overall IFH hunger awareness campaign; leads awareness team; develops awareness curriculum for events
- Local Issues Educator – organizes up-to-date information on hunger statistics in Illinois and nationwide; generates content for website and social media
- Global Issues Educator – organizes up-to-date information on hunger statistics outside of the U.S.; generates content for website and social media
- Publicity Coordinator – manage publicity team; responsible for overall publicity efforts including social media event prospecting
- Public Relations Coordinator – responsible for communicating with local media, issuing press releases about events and promoting IFH in the general public [Currently Filled]
- Social Media Coordinator – manages Facebook and Twitter for IFH; develop Youtube page, Pinterest page, Linked-in page, etc. [Currently Filled]
- Webmaster – manages website, user subscriptions and regular content
- Fundraising Coordinator – manages big picture of fundraising programs for organization; leads fundraising team [Currently Filled]
- Merchandise Coordinator – plan & design merchandise campaigns and manage inventory; work with treasurer for accounting of merchandise sold
- Community Relations Coordinator – manages relationships with community organizations that partner or donate to IFH [Currently Filled]
- Fundraising Events Coordinator – plan small fundraisers for general IFH expenses; consult with partners needing fundraising guidance during event planning