2018 Day of Service Table Captains
Thank you for your interest in serving as a Table Captain at the
6th Annual Community & Campus Day of Service!
Before you apply, please be sure you are aware of the purpose of the Day of Service. Below, we provide some additional information about the responsibilities of the position and the expectations we hold for our Table Captains. Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis.
- Assisting volunteers and answering questions that arise
- Overseeing 10-20 volunteers at packaging lines to ensure the proper packaging of meals
- Replenishing ingredients and supplies at your packaging line(s) as needed
- Wearing your orange Day of Service T-shirt so you are easily identifiable
- Alerting Event Organizers to any issues or concerns that arise
- Attend a 60 minute Table Captain training workshop (multiple dates and times TBA, to be communicated via email)
- Help set up packaging lines and prepare facility on Friday, April 13th, from 3-7pm at Memorial Stadium
- Arrive at Memorial Stadium no later than 8am on Saturday, April 14th, ready to help
organize the packaging of 151,000 meals! Full day participation required, typically until 5pm, and continental breakfast and a lunch are provided
- Note: This role may require you to lift 50lbs individually or in teams of two or three
Questions or concerns? Email firstname.lastname@example.org!